Due to the nature of the services provided by Rometic Limited it is impractical for us to deal with you without knowing your full name. When you register for our services you are required to use truthful and accurate information.
Collection of Information
Whenever users (including non-member users) visit the Website, our servers automatically record information for statistical purposes about your usage of the Website such as:
- a. the type of browser and device used;
- b. the referring URL;
- c. the IP address;
- d. the number and type of pages viewed;
- e. the date and time of visits; and
- f. the exit URL.
This information we collect about you is not Personal Information and, in any event, remains anonymous. We do not link the anonymous information to any other Personal Information unless you have either registered as a member or logged on as a member at the time of use. Accordingly, if you have not identified yourself on the Website, such as by registering as a member or logging on as a member, we will not link a record of your usage of our Website to you personally.
Upon your registration as a member we collect information about you in order to provide you with the full benefits of membership. We collect non-identifying information as well as Personal Information from you directly when you first register and also from time to time thereafter if you provide us with additional information. Personal Information which may be collected by Rometic Limited includes, without limitation:
- a. your email address;
- b. your residential address;
- c. a photograph of you;
- d. your credit card and billing information (if provided by you)
Other information collected by Rometic Limited, which may or may not be considered Personal Information includes, without limitation:
- a. your email address;
- b. your age;
- c. your occupation;
Sensitive Information which may be collected by Rometic Limited includes, without limitation:
- a. your racial or ethnic origin;
- b. your political opinions;
- c. your religious beliefs or affiliations;
- d. your philosophical beliefs;
- e. your sexual preferences or practices;
- f. your criminal record and is only collected if you elect to provide that information to us.
To improve your experience on our site, we may use 'cookies'. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
- a. double click platform integrations.;
- b. demographic and interest reporting;
- c. display advertising including remarketing and Google display network impression reporting to advertise our services online;
- d. optimizing and personalizing ad service based on your past visits to our website;
- e. reporting the use of ad services, and interactions with ad impressions and how they are related to visits to our site.
You can customize or opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising using the Ads Settings for your Google account.
Use of Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage. Please be advised that to avoid personal data being collected through IP addresses, we use Google Analytics ad-on "anonymized".
Promotion To You
- a. In order to promote our products and services to you, we may provide a hash of your email address (no other personal data) to third parties in order to better target our advertising to you.
- b. A comparison of your hashed email address will only be for the purpose of promoting our goods and services to you, and will not be used by that third party for any other purpose. The comparison of the hash of your email address will not be used to identify you or your email address, and no further information about you will be provided by us to that third party.
Purposes of collecting, holding, using and disclosing Personal Information We collect from you only
Where it is reasonable or practical to do so, we will endeavor to only collect Personal Information about you from you.
Purposes of collecting Personal Information
We will only collect Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for:
- a. enabling us to process your application for membership and enabling us to provide services to you (including creating your publically viewable profile, allowing members to search for suitable members, providing mechanisms for communication between members);
- b. our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation and customer value analysis);
- c. enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you;
- d. enabling the payment processor to process the payment of subscription fees,(the "Primary Purpose"); and
Holding of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information that we hold from:
- a. misuse, interference and loss; and
- b. unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
- a. We will only use or disclose Personal Information for the Primary Purpose where it is reasonably necessary.
- b. We will not use or disclose any Personal Information about you for any purpose other than the Primary Purpose (the "Secondary Purpose") unless:
- I. both of the following apply:
- i. the Secondary Purpose is related to the Primary Purpose and if the Personal Information is Sensitive Information, the Secondary Purpose is directly related to the Primary Purpose; and
- ii. you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the Personal Information for the Secondary Purpose; or
- II. you have consented to the use or disclosure.
- I. both of the following apply:
Information Not Confidential
The Company reserves the right to send electronic mail to you regarding recommended matches, notification alerts of activity such as interest alerts or email alerts, for promotions or offers, changes or additions to the service, or any products and services of the Company and its affiliated businesses. Members may manage their email preferences by using the "Settings / Email Notifications" function to customize what type of email communications they wish to receive.
Access and Correction
Commercially Sensitive Information
Where providing access to the Personal Information would reveal evaluative information generated by us in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process we will give you an explanation for the commercially sensitive decision rather than direct access to the Personal Information.
Correction of Personal Information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us is accurate and to update your Personal Information as necessary. If you request us to notify another entity of the correction, we will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to give that notification unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
- a. If we are not satisfied that the Personal Information is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will, at your request, keep with your Personal Information a statement noting your claim that the Personal Information is not accurate, complete or up to date.
- b. If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Refusal to Correct
If at any time we refuse or deny access to Personal Information to you or refuse to correct Personal Information we will provide you with reasons for such denial or refusal.
If you believe that we have used or disclosed your Personal Information in a manner which is contrary to this policy or otherwise breaches an applicable law, then you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Within 30 days of receipt of your complaint we will notify you in writing as to what action we propose to take in relation to your complaint and will provide you with details of what further action you can take if you are not satisfied with our response.